Mounting Wireless on the RED camera.

Matt

Hey Everyone,

I have a job coming up where I have to mount a Lectro SR onto a RED cam for a wireless feed. I know some of you are using the D4 with the Red. How are you mounting it? I looked and there is no good spot to place it that won't cover a connector or be in the camera op's way. I looked at the BEC Group's website to see if they made a metal bracket of some sort that might work, but to no avail. Just wondering if you all knew of someone that made a wireless holder for this purpose.

It looks like I could maybe use a ROWI clamp but interfacing the thread on the clamp with the wireless is the trick. Does anyone just thread directly into the holes on the RED body?

-Matt

Talk to your AC and get suggestions from them. Let them know what you want to mount in advance and they can keep it in mind. It's their camera, so I let them come up with the location (being as helpful as possible). I did one film where we mounted a RX900S (Zaxcom ENG RX) on a Red One. I was sending mono mix on CH1 and TC on CH2 (worked great btw). They just used heavy duty velcro up the side and covered some ports we didn't need.

Which Red? The Epic is built for mounting stuff on it even more than the One, but as above posted, there are a lot of options for the One as well. Camera dept always finds room for my sync box and wireless scratch hop G2.