opinions wanted on wireless

nika paniashvili

another question: I have a schoeps CMIT5U mic. so if I dont use the butt-plug and go with SMQV how do I phantom feed the mic? what 48v adapters are there for this mic?

as well Im planing to buy either an MK41 with CMC6 or CCM41 LG for interiors, so same advice needed here regarding powering... oh and which one of those two indoor mics would you recommend :P ?

hello!

My local production company asked me to have a look and (if needed) make changes to the list of wireless eq they plan to buy this days.

the kit includes the following:

3x lectro SR/5P

6X lectro SMQV

1X lectro octopack

1X lectro HM butt-plug

1X lectro SNURI mout kit for unislot

2X Senni ew 300-2 IEM G3 for monitoring

1X Lectro ALP500 LPDA Shark Fin

1X lectro RM2 for SM transmitters

nika

You seem to have more spaces for SR's then you have total SR's? The octo takes 4, and the drop in would be a 5th SR unit? Now if you guys are looking at a quad pack then you have the right numbers here. Also for the Octo, you need them to be SRA's not SR's.

Ambient UMP II, Denecke PS1-a or PS2 are some options to consider for powering. You would then feed the mic level signal into the SQMV. I'm unsure of the pin assignment you'd use as I don't use Lectro packs like this, but it can be done.

Zaxcom TRX942 is another option, all in one box.

Ambient UMP II, Denecke PS1-a or PS2 are some options to consider for powering. You would then feed the mic level signal into the SQMV. I'm unsure of the pin assignment you'd use as I don't use Lectro packs like this, but it can be done.

Zaxcom TRX942 is another option, all in one box.

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

bumping this up for maybe a dumb thought/question for sennheiser users... question might be dumb, but you know the saying :D

I thought of the following setup: if from my recorder I output boom+slate mic to left channel of ew 300 g3 tx and mix (w/o slate mic) to right channel will it be then possible to setup 1 rx to receive left only (as mono feed) and 3 other RX's the mix only eg right channel of transmission...?

didn't quite get how it works through the manual....

can this be done? or should I buy second tx for boom op/utility?

They have another size on their website called 'DB', made for SQMV and trx900lt's.

yes, but can't seem to find at re-sellers. what the do have is standard and SM size. at coffeysound it says that SM size fits smq/a types while on neopax site it says DB for smq/a's... got a bit confused and don't want to order the wrong one