Local ENG mixer needed

what a disgusting rate

2 weeks ago, I got a call from a producer out in NY who was coming over to SF and asked this same specific rate, albeit, 350/10 WITH equipment for 3 days over the weekend.  Kindly asked about the hours and logistics, and told them I was already booked for a theatre musical.  In return, I asked the producer if they were willing to come and watch my show while I give them the same rate they were giving me w/ dinner on me.  "I get it, I get it" said the producer.

" I hope no one is working for 350/12 "

there are lots of folks, typically with less experience, who will be thrilled to get that rate with gear provided.  I have no idea of that city's market, but it sounds reasonable, except for the elitists on jwsoundgroup.net.

I'm also figuring they expect a "local" hire... :mellow:

I would do this. I don't live in Buffalo, I have equipment and experience. I rather be working than not working. I rarely get to name my rate, seeing as I am just a young whippersnapper without a huge client base.

I feel that my sentiments are not unusual.