New bag for Sound Devices 633 and Zaxcom MAXX from K-Tek

dfisk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then can we ask about a date for the bigger Nomad bag? :)

some time after today. 

Honestly, I really want to be shipping by NAB, but what I want and what really happens can be two different things. As we are learning with the new zeppelin, things can happen to slow production down. That being said, since we have the basic design pretty much down, we just have to tweak the larger bag to make it work, and that's the hard part. 

Hi Dave.

You and K Tek should take all the time you need to get this and the bigger bag right. Don't worry about giving release dates, really.

Film and TV will continue to be made with or without the new bags, we've been doing it up until now so what's an extra month or two wait in the grand scheme of things. Don't let everyone bust your chops over release dates. When they're ready is when they're ready. No sweat.

Regards

Peter Mega

Hi Dave.

You and K Tek should take all the time you need to get this and the bigger bag right. Don't worry about giving release dates, really.

Film and TV will continue to be made with or without the new bags, we've been doing it up until now so what's an extra month or two wait in the grand scheme of things. Don't let everyone bust your chops over release dates. When they're ready is when they're ready. No sweat.

Regards

Peter Mega

That's kind of the mindset we have, which I've honestly adopted from Blizzard Entertainment. When people were clamoring for Star Craft II they were asking Blizzard "when is it coming out?" and Blizzard replied with "when it's done". 

Hi Dave.

Regards

Peter Mega

+1

Hi Dave.

Regards

Peter Mega

Well said. Bravo. Hear hear. Etc.

As long as it's ready by Feb. I'll be in Texas then and I'd like to buy one ;)

I can't believe I'm so excited about a bag coming out. I think I have issues.

you aren't the only one (to get really excited, that is). People like seeing products that actually do what they want. So far, everyone that has seen it and put their hands on it has said "FINALLY!". 

Glad for the thoughtful design! Just wish it weren't so cavernous below the mixer. I understand accommodating straight XLR's if used with the MAXX but I'm looking for a great bag to fit my 633 and don't want the wasted space put there for a different mixer. Accommodating straight XLR's sure does make it a tall bag and is the one thing that has me on the fence about it at this point.

Glad for the thoughtful design! Just wish it weren't so cavernous below the mixer. I understand accommodating straight XLR's if used with the MAXX but I'm looking for a great bag to fit my 633 and don't want the wasted space put there for a different mixer. Accommodating straight XLR's sure does make it a tall bag and is the one thing that has me on the fence about it at this point.

That room is also there in case anyone wants to use the really big Sony camera batteries that the 633 can use, so it isn't just for the straight XLR connectors. My beta testers have been using the extra space to store a second NP-1 battery.

As the 633 connections are on the sides, is there room for straight connectors? Do the side pouches then need to be left empty?

There is plenty of room for straight connectors and for using the pouches. 

Sure, I can see using that space for a spare NP1. I've been using a couple NP-F570's below the 633 for back up power and hadn't thought about stacking NP1's. Thanks for the clarification and suggestion. Also to mention, glad for the belt option. That tends to be my first choice vs a harness. Looks like the best bag for the 633 and K-Tek's thoughtful work on development's appreciated.