Searey81

Sennheiser skp 2000 with ew100 g3

I used that combo on a 5 week TV episodical shoot. I won't use it again. RF issues here and there, the compander is too sensitive for my taste. Now I use an MM-1 before a Lectro LMa and am very happy with that combination.

Hello,

is it not a problem of pilot tone?

I had the same problem once I used a transmitter SK2000 with a G3 receiver.

I had some RF problem with the pilot tone "on" and it was OK when I turn off the pilot tone.

Olphi

I was looking into this for a "God" mic, but ended up finding a Lectro set used for a similar investment. But I see a lot of these (and the cheaper counterpart) used by EPK crews, so they must work ok for that stuff.

Hi, I recently bought a sk2000 and a couple of G3 IEM. To get this to work I have to disable the pilot tone on the receivers.

I have done a couple of range tests and it works. But have not yet worked with it in a "real" work situation.

Is the system less reliable without pilot?

Or does it even matter when it comes to IEM receivers?

If it "depends" I know the answer.

Best regards

John

Hi just wondering if anyone out there has any experiences with the skp 2000 plug on transmitter, how it compares to other systems etc.

Yes. I own these two and I have used them fine before to switch to Lectrosonics.

Sergio.

Yes I have RTFM. But I will do it again.

It was Sennheiser that told me to turn off the pilot to get this combo to work. So I'm a bit confused, as if the pilot tone weren't important.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John,  I asked: do you understand what the pilot is for ?? what it does ??

if you do, you will know the answer to your question: " Is the system less reliable without pilot? "

I guess I have to study a bit more on "pilot tone school" before asking about it here:) Sorry.

I really just wanted to know if anyone else here are using the combo of 2000/G3IEM and how reliable they are.

I won't take anymore of your time.

" I really just wanted to know if anyone else here are using the combo of 2000/G3IEM and how reliable they are. "

well...

it depends.

firstly, IEM's are predominintly a musician thing, though we frequently find uses for them.  The Sennheiser products are wildly popular with musicians, and there is, I believe, probably a cause and effect relationship...

but each situation has its own specific issues, so reliability in use is a variable.

but once you read about pilot tine, you will realize that it is not really a factor in reliability.

Understanding what pilot actually is in wireless microphone technology would be a valuable but of knowledge.

BTW, even though it is a different brand, the Lectrosonics wireless guide is an excellent tutorial.

Just venturing a guess, that pilot tone is different for each system and model, so that pilot tone on ew100 will play nice with eachother whereas a 2000 transmitter with a 300 receiver the pilot tones would probably be different somehow and therefore not interacting.

I have a 500 plug on I use with a ew100 g2 receiver for plant mics in a pinch. Same thing; have to turn pilot off in order to get them to play.

Yes, but the Sennheiser G series plays nicely with its own. You can mix and match them all. I would guess that you have to switch off the pilot tone on the iem's as they are really stereo receivers while your txis mono and their pilot tone circuitry expects a stereo pilot tone. even if you use the actual stereo tx in mono mode you have to turn off the pilot. the quality of the signal will not be affected by this. But since it's the only way to make this work, your choices are rather limited - even if you are worried about quality

" the Sennheiser G series "

more specifically the "Sennheiser Evolution Wireless systems 100/300/500" are mostly compatible though the original models (G1) do not have pilot tone, but are otherwise compatible.

" the Sennheiser G series "

more specifically the "Sennheiser Evolution Wireless systems 100/300/500" are mostly compatible though the original models (G1) do not have pilot tone, but are otherwise compatible.

Not true, the 2000 series works fine with the 100/300/500 series. I haven't checked just now, but I think the 2000 series is the successor to the 500 series.

Good to know. How about the 2000tx and for example a EK100 receiver?

Will they play together as for pilot tone?

John

Yes they will. With Pilot. But, be assured, if you switch off the pilot, there will be no loss in quality