My...

Tom Visser

... adidas!

HD-25's getting a makeover at NAB. (perfect for the Nike commercial your getting booked on)

HD25Originals_Intro.png

Also in "Amperior" finish...

HD25Amperior(Midnight)_IntroImage.png

allrighty, sort of lame, but I'm genuinely excited for NAB! I know something good is coming!

What a coincidence! I bought a pair of these today. The pair I have been using for the last 10 years still sound great, but on one side the driver slips down. They were heaps cheaper than a normal pair. I love HD 25's and I have a pair Sony 7506's but I'm not huge on them, feel like I'm swimming in them. I've never had any cable problems.

Intermittent cable though, you can get a new one no big deal.>>>

It's not the cable itself, it is the two prong connector and the female side that is inaccessible unless you split open the cups. i really want to know if Senn haas FIXED this NAGGING problem, or else i have to end up switching. and no, changing the cable does not help.

-vin

Sorry to be late to the party...

I bought a pair of these last year, mostly because I liked the blue color versus the stock black, and also because they come with a pair of velour replacement pads as well. But mostly because they're blue.

To my ear, they definitely sound "better" then 7506s, both in terms of fidelity and rejection of outside sounds. However, I find myself going back to my 7506s nearly all the time when i'm doing ENG for 2 reasons: First, when booming with one hand and mixing with the other, I find that I can rest the boom on the pad on the top of the 7506s, which isnt an option of the 25s--I do this a lot more then I'd realized. Secondly, the Sennheisers are much harder to put on and off with one hand, which i can do with the Sonys with little effort.

However, I find that I use the sennehisers more for DJing, or just general listening around the house, as they do sound wonderful. When out on the town its $40 sony earbuds.

• 2 weeks later...

" want to know if Senn haas FIXED this NAGGING problem "

apparently no one is nagging Sennheiser (USA) about it; I asked several folks, including technical folks, including long time friends at the Sennheiser booth, and they were all unaware of any such "nagging problem", this not aware of any fix or changes.

If I might suggest the Ultrasone HFI 680 as a wonderful alternative to the Sony 7506.

Eric

Ooo-la-la. I am looking for a new pair of headphones... and being very particular. I have been considering Ultrasones... I do not like the Sonys or the Sennheisers much at all.