I4 and I5 Battery Life

Drew C

For anyone who has updated from an iPhone 4s to the 5s how much of an improvement are you experiencing with the newer phones battery times? Some real world tests I have read claim they are about the same while Apple claims an increase in battery life with the 5s.

My wife had no noticible increase in battery life...

On another note...

UP TO 2 full days of battery life on my RAZOR Maxx...  The phone kicks ass...

10 times a day Iphone users try to plug into my cart for a charge.... crazy... I'm tired of it... >:(

A phone needs to work.... make calls clearly......  have a decent processor,  nice sized screen with good clarity... and WORK WHEN YOU NEED IT WITHOUT BEING TETHERED TO A POWER CORD....  That last one is a deal breaker for me... 

On this version of the RAZOR  MAXX the life is fantastic... Kevlar body, Gorilla glass. With a new baby, the twist the wrist twice for instant camera is awesome...  The Google voice recognition works really well, even with an accent... The Iphone struggles a bit with an accent... That is my wifes real world account of things...

I never worry about power.... In our business, out in the field... that can be the difference between getting the next gig or...... NOT.

I know, I know... all the GREAT APPs...... but what good do all the APPS do when the phone won't power up? Back to the battery...

I have been a huge Apple fan for many many years.... I own many of the computers... and swear by them... but that damn phone  I have never cared for...   too small, to weak a battery.... good phone for a female office worker (small hands) who sits by an outlet... LOL...

Also a user of the Droid Maxx.  2 real days of Battery life. Works great for me and I can drag and drop any files I want onto and off of the phone over a USB cable.  My IPad is a different story...  Hello buggy iTunes...and  Sync Hell.

Everywhere I look on the set almost every open AC socket has an Apple Charger and an iPhone plugged into it.

Never see an android phone plugged in though....

It's a nice change of pace, android phones used to be terrible on battery life. A few years ago I had an HTC Evo phone that would barely get through a half day before wanting its charger binky.

I'm using an LG optimus g now and almost always get a full day from overnight charge.

It is comical how many phone charges and laptop chargers there are on set.

My friends has a 5s and said she can almost get 2 days, and she uses in during the day. I was blown away. The only thing that makes sense is that she doesn't really use any 3rd party apps. iOS 7 let's thing run in the background, and some apps are constantly checking for updates. That kills power. Before my iPhone 5 I had a Droid X and the battery life was definitely worse than the iPhone. I can't say it wasn't rogue apps. Signal strength is also a major factor. Weak signal makes the transmitters draw more power, so it's really hard to compare this stuff. I just know I NEVER made it through a work day and had more than 10% left on that Droid. I carried an external battery AND bought a new RA BDS just to keep a phone charged. It sucked to be in a new city and not be able to search for restaurants at wrap because my phone was dead..... or use a map to get back to the hotel.

FWIW, I went from a 4 to a 5 (no S's). Way better battery life. But of course, as with everything else, it depends. For example, if you find yourself in a location with bad reception, the phone tries to constantly find a signal, and the battery could be drained before the end of the day (solution - keep a charger cable in your kit). Using navigation seems to take a lot of power also (solution - keep the phone plugged in at all times while driving).

My friends has a 5s and said she can almost get 2 days, and she uses in during the day. I was blown away. The only thing that makes sense is that she doesn't really use any 3rd party apps. iOS 7 let's thing run in the background, and some apps are constantly checking for updates. That kills power. Before my iPhone 5 I had a Droid X and the battery life was definitely worse than the iPhone. I can't say it wasn't rogue apps. Signal strength is also a major factor. Weak signal makes the transmitters draw more power, so it's really hard to compare this stuff. I just know I NEVER made it through a work day and had more than 10% left on that Droid. I carried an external battery AND bought a new RA BDS just to keep a phone charged. It sucked to be in a new city and not be able to search for restaurants at wrap because my phone was dead..... or use a map to get back to the hotel.

There are but a few Iphones... There are MANY Droids... It's important to get the right one...  ::)