Sound Devices 633 v 1.02 and 664 v2.02 Now Posted

jon_tatooles

faaaar out!

just updated my 633.

support now for Transcend SDHC Class 10 SD cards!!!

i have a bunch of these and they are cheap as chips.

Good news but what speed are approved and are so cheap?

Anything above 400mb/s is like Germany's national debt to buy here in the UK

Malcolm Davies A.m.p.s. CAS.

good point Malcolm!

i am assuming (wrongly?) they mean the premium range 133x which have codes ending with "SDHC10".

the faster ones (300x and 600x) have codes ending with U1.

also the 133x are the only ones which dont have a speed rating on the cards themselves which might mean that is why SD - if they did indeed choose them - didnt include a speed rating for these on their list.

i tried a 133x for a quick polywav test and it worked, but who knows!

maybe someone from SD will clarify?

have sent them a support request on this. will post here if and when i get a reply.

just heard back from SD about the Transcend cards.

its as i thought!! :-)

Quote from the email i received:

The Transcend SD card we approved is the Transcend SDHC Premium. These cards do not show a speed rating. I'm including the link to the card on Transcend's website as well as Amazon."

http://www.transcend-info.com/products/Catlist.asp?ModNo=337

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-Flash-Memory-TS8GSDHC10E/dp/B003VNKNEG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393867465&sr=8-4&keywords=transcend+sdhc

• 3 months later...

Suggestion for 633/664: in the sound reports, have the option to report L/R and X1,X2 track names when the tracks aren't recorded. Also be able to rename L/R and X1,X2 column headers. When I am sending to multiple cameras, I don't necessarily record L/R X1/X2 tracks, maybe just isos. But I still want to report what I've recorded on each camera. This would make it easy.

Example: on 633, send L/R to camera A and X1,X2 to camera B. Name L and X1 "Lav" and R and X2 "Boom". Rename column headers as follows: L= "Camera A Ch1" R="Camera A Ch2" Track1(X1)="Camera B Ch1" Track2(X2)="Camera B Ch2"

Of course I could do this all after the fact if I started bringing my laptop, but I would love to leave it at home and have the 633 keep track for me. If there are many different configurations on a given shoot, this takes away a layer of things to keep track of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The report only covers tracks (ISOs recorded) - if the track is not recorded there is no metadata from which to create the report. You will need to fall back to old school paper reports to cover these additional un-recorded sends

I know. I am suggesting a feature change.