Lectrosonics UM400a still supported?

cmassey

Fastest way to get official word is to call when they open up in a few hours.

My prediction is that they will still do any repair if they have the parts.  But some repairs are only cost-effective by replacing the entire circuit board, and they cannot legally replace an RF circuit board on the UM400a because its FCC certification does not comply with the new ETSI mask requirements that took effect October 2018.

17 hours ago, Matthew Steel said:

My prediction is that they will still do any repair if they have the parts.  But some repairs are only cost-effective by replacing the entire circuit board, and they cannot legally replace an RF circuit board on the UM400a because its FCC certification does not comply with the new ETSI mask requirements that took effect October 2018.

We need a blackmarket repairer who does fixes under the table.... 

(I didn't post that above! For legal reasons I shall claim that someone else hijacked my computer and posted this, not me 😉 )

A while back we had one or two VHF systems repaired by JayCee.  No complaints.

On 2/3/2024 at 2:05 AM, IronFilm said:

We need a blackmarket repairer who does fixes under the table.... 

(I didn't post that above! For legal reasons I shall claim that someone else hijacked my computer and posted this, not me 😉 )

Anyone that can manufacture a new clone RF board for a UM400a deserves recognition :)

I bet Rio Rancho can fix most boards unless they are burned/cracked/corroded or similarly damaged.  It's just that for some repairs, the time it would take to diagnose might be cost prohibitive.

I bet JayCee can handle any reasonable repair too.  And might be willing to undertake some that the factory wouldn't care to.