Which wireless blocks to avoid (in the future)?

Tilt Down

So, apologies if this has been discussed recently, but I couldn't find it. I'm buying an SRc for a friend (no, really!) and need to know the skinny on what's going on at the FCC in terms of the future. What would you buy today? A1, B1 or 941? Committed to Lectro, only.  Getting out of C1. The 941 maybe less traffic, but it's only one block! Discuss, please.

Nobody can say for sure 100% what may happen at some undetermined point in the future, but those bands you mentioned are of course the ones we can use in the US at this time. Which one of them would be best is depending on where you work. 

In a lot of areas in Los Angeles, it’s fair to say scans in B1 look busy, but you can always find a few usable frequencies. A1 looks somewhat better, but random things like EMT can show up out of nowhere and wipe you out, even when the scans looked clear 5 minutes ago. 

Having one block of clear freqs in 941 might of course better than having 3 congested blocks…. But again, who knows what might be best on any given day at any given location. So many variables possible, including other sound mixers nearby (or driving by).

And again, who knows if that gets auctioned off at some point in the future….?

So in conclusion - get one of each and you should be covered - at least for now hah!

Sorry i know you said you are bailing on C band but What about those freq’s that are in block 24/25 is that something lectro units support? It is only a small group @ 20mw if i am not mistaken but at least has saved me quite a bit being able to spread out 

I have gone digital with the DSR which gives me A1-B1 in all 4 channels, plus 2 channels of 941 with an SRC. Previously I had three SRCs, A-1, B-1 and 941. What I have now is better... the DSR digital is better.

I'm dreaming of a DSR-X that would allow for all frequencies usable in the US.

If you buy the current (DSR) stuff rather than the old (SRC) stuff, it will be more current when you upgrade to better technology or features and possible bring you a better return.

Cheers,

Tim

As said earlier no one can predict what future of UHF will be, that is precisely why manufacturers are now coming up with extra wide range system like the Lectrosonics DSRx. 
If in the US the Wisycom symphony system (MCR54 rx and MTP60 or MTP61 tx) will give you the choice within: 470-663 and 940-960Mhz. 
At least it gives us the appearance of future proof investment. 

On 4/1/2024 at 9:58 AM, Fred Salles said:

As said earlier no one can predict what future of UHF will be, that is precisely why manufacturers are now coming up with extra wide range system like the Lectrosonics DSRx. 
If in the US the Wisycom symphony system (MCR54 rx and MTP60 or MTP61 tx) will give you the choice within: 470-663 and 940-960Mhz. 
At least it gives us the appearance of future proof investment. 

Not to mention the SD Nexus and A20s which do all the way from VHF up to 1525MHz. Even at their high pricepoint they start to look more attractive when you consider this