The Dark Knight Rises Lectro [Spoiler?]

bmfsnd

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Transmitters that they can turn off and on easily during a game. Not an SMV. "

err... NOPE... 8)

Actually the TX stays on all the time, the mic is switched, and "SM's" are fine!

Hmmmm, looks awfully like a um style Tx they reach for. In either case, I wasn't buying it. Refs don't wear cans. That aside, loved the movie. Especially seeing it at the Pacific Science Center with the 70mm projector.

I remember reading somewhere that test audiences couldn't understand Bane's dialogue, and Warner Bro's were pushing to get it dubbed, while Nolan was pushing for it to be left the way it was, just tweaked. I'd say they went somewhere in between, but there's definitely a lot of processing done to the voice, and it's much 'wider' than the rest of the dialogue... I found it a little odd, to be honest.

I couldn't understand 40-50% of Bane's dialogue.

The "wider" mix of Bane's dialogue was an interesting device though.

We just saw Dark Night Returns at the Universal Imax yesterday, and I think I could understand maybe 75% (at best) of Bane's dialog. The thick accent and killer EQ did not help. Liked the beginning, loved the Imax footage, loved the photography, loved the end... hated the middle. And it's a long, long middle. This is one of those 160-minute films that had me glancing at my watch two or three times, which is never a good sign.

But I liked the film overall quite a bit. We were the only people who laughed at the Lectro SM close-up! (I hope Larry got a special "thank you" credit.)

I thought the SM was a non-working prop because it didn't appear to be turned on. I didn't notice any activated LEDs while Bain spoke... But, I didn't see it in IMAX so I could be wrong.

Also, If I was trying to pay attention to a prop it says a lot about my attention span during the film...

I thought the SM was a non-working prop because it didn't appear to be turned on. I didn't notice any activated LEDs while Bain spoke... But, I didn't see it in IMAX so I could be wrong.

Also, If I was trying to pay attention to a prop it says a lot about my attention span during the film...

I saw it in IMAX and I could see the LEDs go green and even red (quite a bit of red actually), the LCD said "Audio" on it. I definitely pay attention to certain props in films. That film had a lot to look at. The IMAX shot scenes were kind of amazing looking. In this case, the SM is so distinct, and it was so huge.