Post Production Set-up

linebreak

Anyone have any good suggestions for post-production setup? I run a very small outfit that does low budget work primarily with nonprofits and smaller community organizations, so we try to keep as much in-house as possible. I'm curious as to what folks out there would recommend for interface/monitors. Ideally I'd like something that has at least two headphone outputs and at least one decent mic preamp for the rare occasion we do voiceover work. Thanks!

I'm a little old-fashioned, but I find that having a decent small analog mixer as the audio "hub"of your setup is very helpful.  It allows precise level controls for monitoring and recording, gives you some real world metering etc etc.  A used Mackie 1202 or 1402 would probably work fine for you, cheap.  For monitoring, the best bang for buck that makes calibration easy is Blue Sky, I think.  You should also put some serious effort into the acoustic treatment of your room.

philp

Thanks to everyone that took my inquiry seriously. I picked up Jay's book, and will probably be holding off on an interface/monitor setup until I make my way through it. I mix mostly short web videos anyway - so it's not that much of a priority, but I am anxious to see what I can learn and where I can improve!