Orca Bags, something new at NAB

johnpaul215

• 2 weeks later...

An audio bag harness that charges your phone... Sounds gimmicky ;) if I hadn't seen it I'd of thought you were joking!

Yah I guess it kinda is. But I think it's kinda a cool idea :P

It totally makes sense if you're on a gig with a 788/CL-8/CL-Wifi in a bag and using your phone... but is it charging with some kind of mini solar pannel ? If it's from the NP1 distro system, it's totally a gadget since we can already charge the phone via the USB port from the BDS system.

Edited by Boomboom

It totally makes sense if you're on a gig with a 788/CL-8/CL-Wifi in a bag and using your phone... but is it charging with some kind of mini solar pannel ? If it's from the NP1 distro system, it's totally a gadget since we can already charge the phone via the USB port from the BDS system.

There's a battery pack that goes on the back of the harness. I guess it's basically one of those phone charging bricks that has a USB port and connects to the cable on the harness.

I can see how people would want to keep the phone out of the bag, and maybe not connected to the same power source. I never had an issue, but it could be one.

Again, more options for us. The Orca harness is very lightweight, and appears like it would be great in hot weather. The KTek harness has a back support built in, so if you're spending a long day with a heavy bag on, definitely check those out.

I have been remodeling the sting ray to fit nomad but am still not done. KTek made such a solid-finalized bag that it is not as easy to modify as Petrol. I feel orca sill be easier.

We are making a bag specifically for the Nomad.