7 1 Split....

old school

Though the split may not mean anything quantifiable now - you still own the same percentage and value that you did before the split -, psychologically, it may mean something soon as it does do something for potential buyers: Apple stock is now at available at much lower price, which means they are more likely to invest than they would when each stock was worth nearly $700.

Hopefully the split does yield a good ROI for you folks who own Apple stock! :)

I've been fortunate and owned a few stocks that have split besides Apple. They have all gone back to their pre split value after a period of time. It is a great way to make $$$ for doing nothing other than holding a good stock. I know many who think Apple's best days are behind it. I would disagree.

CrewC

• 1 month later...

this just in:

" Apple, based in Cupertino, Calif., reported on Tuesday a profit of $7.7 billion, up from $6.9 billion in the same quarter a year earlier. The company also reported revenue of $37.4 billion, up from $35.3 billion compared to the quarter a year ago. Strong sales of iPhones and Macs fueled the growth, the company said. "

(NYT)

• 2 months later...