docsound

Metadata for documentary / run-n-gun work

Hi folks,
I'm new to the forum and hope I'm right here with my question:
I'm a documentary filmmaker/director who is doing more and more his own sound. I've experiences with a 788T and a 633 and was using the sound report feature. But while shooting I always wanted to add a marker to the exact TC in that moment, so that I'm able to review this marker later – after a long shooting day with long takes – and add notes to all the markers. This notes would be very helpful for postproduction.
I guess I'm not using the full potential of todays mixers/recorders. But maybe some of you guys are owning mixers/recorders and have experiences with more detailed metadata in a doc/run-n-gun typ scenario.

Thanks!

Try hitting the <Record> button on the fly, while recording. I think that drops markers or creates a new file or cue point.

be well

kathryn k

I recently did a doc where we rolled all the time unless we were traveling. I hit record every time we went to a new setup in order to create some kind of marker and the editor said it worked "fine" and "not to difficult." High praise from an editor!