Free VST AI Noise removal Plugin - kinda useful

Olle Sjostrom

Hi y'all! 
So I left the movies for radio, but still I keep using wireless mics and recording stuff outside, as if it were a movie shoot (but without the cameras). And in post, I still use the same tricks. However, I stumbled upon this little plugin called Goyo, which is a noise and reverb reducing plugin using AI in some sense. GOYO Voice Separator | De-noise, De-Reverb, De-Voice - All in One Plugin

Quick review: 

It does what it says. I hear artifacts if I crank it hard enough. It's great to be able to just turn the BG down a tad, and then I can hardly hear the artifacts. Especially not if I'm imagining sitting in a car or listening in headphones on the subway, or on my kitchen table radio. I've found it to be super quick and very easy to use. It's free, as of now. I have it in a big mixing project now, using maybe four instances and the CPU performance is not affected much. 

Actually Goyo worked relatively good on narration test files I created. It eliminated white noise almost completely. . as good or better than my other din type noise reduction tools.
Eliminating room ambiance (early reflections reverb) was not as good, and generated a slight flange type effect. but certainly could be usable on some projects. I can post the files somewhere if anyone is interested.

I usually use SpectraLayers Pro. iZ's RX Advanced would work good as well, but neither are far from free.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 3:02 AM, Olle Sjostrom said:

I imagine from release the data model will be better and give less artifacts and be even more optimized. 

Hopefully it'll get even better! I've been playing with it since they first put it out. Used it in post for a verité doc with someone else's hairy location sound (here it is if you're interested — fully foley'd)! I'm quite impressed with GOYO's performance! It's far from flawless, but it seems to go a little further than other de-noiser's before artifacts... Definitely saved me a couple hours in RX! Not quite CEDAR, not as precise as RX, but still pretty exciting (or unnerving?)!

• 2 months later...

Does anyone maybe have a trial version of Goyo the can share? I mean the installer Their trial download version for Supertone does not seem to work. have tried many times for weeks. In fact I have not understood if this (supertone) is the actual app or if another one is coming out.

Goyo will go EOL on Dec. 1.  It was working well here but I'm working on a doc feature the mix for which will go well beyond Dec 1, so I got "Clear",  the paid-for version.  It currently doesn't work properly within Reaper without some workarounds, but seemed ok in other DAWs incl. PT.  It's pretty helpful, more for DX reverb than BG noise, but its very fast to use.  You can push it too hard and make it sound bad, and it follows "Berger's Law" just as much as any other NR plugin or device (works best when you need it the least).

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks later ...

Did the beta installer still work today? Did the program?

I'm just wondering because I got an email saying it was 'timed out' perhaps yesterday (at least my $29 coupon for 'Clear' timed out) and I never got it (the beta) to work on the older platform I was using at the time I downloaded it (I was thinking to try it out later on something else).

cheers

43 minutes ago, The Immoral Mr Teas said:

2 weeks later ...

Did the beta installer still work today? Did the program?

I'm just wondering because I got an email saying it was 'timed out' perhaps yesterday (at least my $29 coupon for 'Clear' timed out) and I never got it (the beta) to work on the older platform I was using at the time I downloaded it (I was thinking to try it out later on something else).

cheers

Nope, this is what you get now when you open it:

image.png

Ha, thanks Vincent - well that's more than I got the first time! Pity perhaps I didn't get the full new version for the $29 in the end but since I hadn't had a chance to try it ... presumably the new 'Clear' has a trial period and I can eventually try that and decide if it's worth $100 to me (note: presumably only to myself - I haven't checked)

Thanks again Vincent

Jez

Thanks Phil, Olle, and everyone.

Jez, I just checked the Clear website. Clear is on sale for US$69, down from $99. I don't know how long the discount lasts.

https://product.supertone.ai/clear

And yes, there's a trial version: "OUR TRIAL VERSIONS OUTPUT NOISE EVERY 60 SECONDS — UNTIL ACTIVATED WITH A LICENSE KEY. YOU MAY UNSUBSCRIBE ANY TIME."

Geez that sounds annoying. So I think I'll buy it while it's on sale...

I gotta say that for a moke like me, who gets  steaming piles of very problematic semi-pro-or-newbie-recorded hard-doc verite production sound to work over and make broad-or stream-castable (re: tech eval), Clear is the bomb.   Yeah, I know that AI will take over all this sort of work very soon, but until it does.....

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 1:50 PM, Philip Perkins said:

I gotta say that for a moke like me, who gets  steaming piles of very problematic semi-pro-or-newbie-recorded hard-doc verite production sound to work over and make broad-or stream-castable (re: tech eval), Clear is the bomb.   Yeah, I know that AI will take over all this sort of work very soon, but until it does.....

glad to see it works in pro tools real time and audiosuite - feels very similar results to rx10 but all the work of 3x sep plugins at one time real time in trade for some of the more precision settings is very sleek

17 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

There are some sync issues in PT with using Clear as a "live" plugin, since the latency of the plug is so high.  Using it in Audiosuite seems to be preferable.

totally agree, tricks with delay compensation works well when finessed properly. Typically i would use audiosuite "assistant" rx plug to try and get similar results. Clear is indeed a very nice plugin for the price