Desert Rats (or Desert Cart)

bigmaho

My new cart in Desert Mode. Worked like a charm is some VERY rough terrain. Crew is Schavaria Reeves as Utility and Jorge Adrados, Boom. Location is on Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands. Note the street wheels are still attached. The desert wheels mount over the existing wheels and casters.

post-107-0-29088800-1315610295.jpg

Hey Billy,

I have the same wheels for my shoot in France on the beach of Calais. Will see if it works as good as yours ...

Another thing: since you use the RX4900 with sharks: are your receiver antennas passive or active (with an amp)? How often do you need to extend your antennas to be closer to the set / action?

Last night I had a scene in a french castle and had a hard time receiving the talents from just the other room. So I had to be in the same room and move with every cam move from corner to corner. Extending the antenna was not possible since the door was in frame (cable run).

Best, Matthias (now on a Fusion 12 - yeah)

Hi Matthias,

I usually only have to extend my antennas if I lose line of sight to the actors. For example if they are on a rooftop and my cart is down on the street, or if the actors start a walk and talk around a corner. Your French castle must have had some very thick stone walls!

Hey Billy,

I have the same wheels for my shoot in France on the beach of Calais. Will see if it works as good as yours ...

Another thing: since you use the RX4900 with sharks: are your receiver antennas passive or active (with an amp)? How often do you need to extend your antennas to be closer to the set / action?

Last night I had a scene in a french castle and had a hard time receiving the talents from just the other room. So I had to be in the same room and move with every cam move from corner to corner. Extending the antenna was not possible since the door was in frame (cable run).

Best, Matthias (now on a Fusion 12 - yeah)

Hi Matthias,

I usually only have to extend my antennas if I lose line of sight to the actors. For example if they are on a rooftop and my cart is down on the street, or if the actors start a walk and talk around a corner. Your French castle must have had some very thick stone walls!

that's quite true,same with the micplexer&shark fin.

Cloud

Billy,

Where did you get those? would be awesome on the beach!

LL

http://www.wheeleez.com/beach-wheels-polyurethane.php

Wheeleez. They make the wheels, axles and accessories as well as carts. I used to use their wheelchair cart and put my sound cart on top of it. Worked very well, but when I designed my new sound cart I put in fittings so I could just add the wheels. Worked like a charm (though as you can see from the photo it isn't 100% level, but good enough for movies!

Best,

Billy

lol, would you believe tablelegsonline.com?

http://www.tablelegsonline.com/shop/14-wide-hshaped-folding-legs-p-360.html?cPath=8_289

They were actually hard to find because most table legs I found flare out at the bottom for a wider stance making them too wide for the cart. The ones in the above link are only 14" wide. Perfect. Though I did have to cut them shorter to make them fit my cover.

I think Martians will like them too. For them the cover will make a nice house.

... and these telescopic legs you got inside the removable lid to transform it as a table, where did you take those please ? Your cart is awesome btw...!