New Cub 01 windcover by Bubblebee

Whit Norris

I just received a new windcover for a Cub 01 to beta test. This product is being made by Bubblebee. I believe it will be imported through Plus 24 the Sanken importer.

Met the Bubblebee gang, Poul and Kathrine at NAB this year, they stopped by the RAMPS party at the end and I have stayed in touch with them.

The cover has a elastic band to hold it on the Cub and it also has a small red dot stitched in the front so you know which way the mic is pointing. The band seems very tight so it is not going to fall off. It is smaller than the factory windscreen and seems to offer much more wind protection than the factory windscreen. I have not put it through the works yet, but more to follow.

Poul has sent me the specs for the windscreen, but the link is not working. I am trying to get a PDF from him to post for everyone that is interested to check out. Also the price and when it will be available.

I think anyone using Cubs for car work with the windows down, sunroofs open or other needed wind protection... this will be a great tool. Hope to post more information soon.

Cheers,

Whit

post-212-0-04692000-1316805732.jpg

post-212-0-88319800-1316806518.jpg

I am Kathrine from Bubblebee Industries. Nice to meet you all.

The picture Whit posted is just a sample - the elastic will be all black, not white on the inside. And with proper red dot.

There is still a few small cosmetic changes to be made.

As for the sound, it is tested in lab, and I will ask Poul to post the specs and comments for this.

It should be available before christmas and I believe the price will be somewhere between USD 50-55.

Yes, if you are in UK we will find a way to ship to you. No problem. Just let me know.

thats great to hear. let us know when we can place orders.

and if any one based over here wants one, send me a private message as if we get a load in one shipment, it should save on the shipping.

thats great to hear. let us know when we can place orders.

and if any one based over here wants one, send me a private message as if we get a load in one shipment, it should save on the shipping.

I will. Is it better for you that I tell you here or send you an e-mail? I know a cheap fast way to ship from Denmark.

Let me know where I can find you, and I will tell you straight away they are ready. In time, soon I hope, I will find a good distributor for our products in the UK as well.

Hi Katherine. please send me an email to rich at rmsound dot co dot uk

i didnt realise you were based in Denmark - I just assumed (that most dangerous word) that you were based in the states.

for distributors over here, i would recommend

www.soundkit.co.uk

www.everythingaudio.co.uk

are both people i deal with a lot

and im sure richmond film services would be worth speaking to as well

thanks

Hi Katherine. please send me an email to rich at rmsound dot co dot uk

i didnt realise you were based in Denmark - I just assumed (that most dangerous word) that you were based in the states.

for distributors over here, i would recommend

www.soundkit.co.uk

www.everythingaudio.co.uk

are both people i deal with a lot

and im sure richmond film services would be worth speaking to as well

thanks

I noted your e-mail, and I will let you know.

Thank you so much for the distributor-suggestions. I know I did the opposite "normal" way, starting with distribution in the US before Europe, when we are based in Denmark. But this seemed the natural way to do it after attending NAB. But I am on finding distributors in Europe now. Thank you for your help, that is so kind of you. I will definitely have a closer look and contact them.

From the Bubblebee Industries website:

"The BUBBLEBEE windjammer consists of an outer shell of the finest imitation fur (we do like them animals) and an inner core of nothing. Yes, nothing. And this nothing is exactly what makes the bubble tick. The air enters the bubble for a short visit, finds it rather dull, and quickly leaves again without harming the microphone inside. So instead of the wind hammering on the microphone and making those horrible "I'm in the middle of the hurricane"- interviews, it passes right through."

The secret to the success of ANY windscreen is the AIR SPACE. I think they're onto a good thing with these windscreens.

I am going to make the suggestion to Kathrine that the posts regarding these items should now start happening in the Manufacturers & Dealers area. We always welcome new products and new companies and I extend a warm welcome to Bubblebee Industries.

From the Bubblebee Industries website:

"The BUBBLEBEE windjammer consists of an outer shell of the finest imitation fur (we do like them animals) and an inner core of nothing. Yes, nothing. And this nothing is exactly what makes the bubble tick. The air enters the bubble for a short visit, finds it rather dull, and quickly leaves again without harming the microphone inside. So instead of the wind hammering on the microphone and making those horrible "I'm in the middle of the hurricane"- interviews, it passes right through."

The secret to the success of ANY windscreen is the AIR SPACE. I think they're onto a good thing with these windscreens.

I am going to make the suggestion to Kathrine that the posts regarding these items should now start happening in the Manufacturers & Dealers area. We always welcome new products and new companies and I extend a warm welcome to Bubblebee Industries.

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your message and for wishing me welcome.

I am sorry, I am not familiar with the whole of this page yet - this is my first day here. I will learn fast and I will post on the Manufactures & Dealers area from now on.