Zaxcom Mix-8 delayed reactions

Christian Spaeth

The delay on normal fades is barely noticable but there is a delay. When you do quick and long fade-downs the delay is too long and needs to be addressed. Apart from that, working with the Mix-8 and Nomad is fantastic. Mixing just gets so much smoother and easier. I wish the Mix-8 had an on/off switch though, because you have to unplug it from power every time before you power up the Nomad.

One thing that puts me off is that whenever I quickly want to Disconnect the Mix-8 and use the Nomad faders instead, I have to reboot Nomad. (and re-jam time code to cans subsequently) Otherwise the faders won't be active. Is there a workaround? If not, can this be changed so a power cycle won't be necessary?

Kelsey, the reboot is only necessary when you take the Mix-8 off the Nomad. The other way round things work. I hope this can be resolved with a Nomad software update?

Daniel, actually I haven't tried, but once I get the time in between takes, I will and report back. If I have more time I will shoot the video with the delay.

mix 12 is not compatible with any nomad.

About mix 8 i was wondering, you can't assign whatever you want to the faders ?

It all digital why is it not possible ?

is that new that the mix 12 doesnt work with the nomad?

last i had read (some time ago to be honest) was that the mix 12 would work, but with limited functionality. i assumed that only the gains and faders worked, and the faders 9 and 10 controlled inputs 9 and 10. but i was never interested in spending all that money on a mix 12 to do anything sensible like speak to zaxcom and find out for sure.