New Look

old school

Wow. What ever you did to the site really makes it pop. Nice upgrade. Hard to believe that I have spent 9 and a half days of my life here. I like this version of jwsound, but if you return to the last look, hey it's yours...., but I think this one is some how cleaner. My 2 cents...

CrewC

While we are discussing the look and layout, there is a feature I would like to see changed.

Presently (and in the earlier layout as well) when I open a topic with new posts, I see the most recent addition at the top of the page and must scan down the page to come to where I left off when I last visited. I would prefer to have the page open with the original post so I can scan the newer posts in chronological order.

Or, is this already available and I just don't know how to configure my browser?

David Waelder

Or, is this already available and I just don't know how to configure my browser?

David Waelder

I don't know if this will make things display the way you describe, but here is one thing you can figure:

under PROFILE (yours) LOOK and LAYOUT PREFERENCES, "Show Most Recent Posts at the Top" you could check, or uncheck, and this might help.

Regarding changes to the look (and sometimes more importantly its functional operation) of this forum, I am pretty much at the mercy of the published templates, some of which do provide some tweaking, because I am not a programmer. If I had more knowledge of php, html, css and so forth, I could really design things myself. I am not able to do this (sorry Eric) and we'll just have to settle for one thing or the other.

We all know it is the people we have here that counts and the good content and discussion, but I still like to experiment with things just to see if we can improve the whole experience.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Regarding changes to the look (and sometimes more importantly its functional operation) of this forum, I am pretty much at the mercy of the published templates, some of which do provide some tweaking, because I am not a programmer. If I had more knowledge of php, html, css and so forth, I could really design things myself.

I am not able to do this (sorry Eric) and we'll just have to settle for one thing or the other.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I guess it's kind of like a first date thing. Not exactly heart stopping but interesting none the less. Perhaps as time goes on a "relationship" can develop if our host can stop "tweaking" with this......oh wait, he's an Aries......never mind.

Eric

We all know it is the people we have here that counts and the good content and discussion, but I still like to experiment with things just to see if we can improve the whole experience.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Jeff,

Is it possible to change hyperlinks to a different color? Like a different shade of gray or something to that effect, so that you don't actually need to move the mouse around on top of words in order to find "hidden" hyperlinks...

Other than that is looking great!

Thanks!

I am sure it is possible but I don't have the knowledge to do it myself. I will do a little experiment right here to see if this routine helps. I am going to post a link (URL) again to my blog, but after pasting the text that is the link I will use the button "Insert Hyperlink" --- let's see if that makes the link show up as a different color.

http://jwsound.net/WP