Hi Jim, If you are thinking of Reaper for Location capture rather than Post, the Timecode thing is still a little odd - I did a post earlier in this thread about the work-arounds, and the situation hasn't changed significantly from that. Chasing incoming TC is reasonably easy, Outputting transport TC not so much. 

Reaper is an excellent DAW. Easy to use, tons of features. Great for tracking and mixing. I prefer it over Ableton, Fruity Loops, and some other ones I've tried.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:44 PM, nickreich said:

Hi Jim, If you are thinking of Reaper for Location capture rather than Post, the Timecode thing is still a little odd - I did a post earlier in this thread about the work-arounds, and the situation hasn't changed significantly from that. Chasing incoming TC is reasonably easy, Outputting transport TC not so much. 

I often put LTC on an audio track and output it thru a separate bus.   This website has an easy and free way of making a long LTC audio file.

http://elteesee.pehrhovey.net/

I'm starting to like Reaper a lot.  I still am using Pro Tools HD for my film mixes, however I've been using Reaper's Media Library functionality as my SFX database manager since it searches so darn fast and I can drag and drop directly from it into my Pro Tools timeline.

For timecode: you could also use something like the Ultrasync ONE which sends LTC out on both outputs simultaneously, you could send one to Reaper and the other one to wherever you like.