Deity Connect.

On 3/27/2020 at 10:00 AM, Henchman said:

Why? 

I have no problem with them from a drama perspective. 

This is the Stephen King short I just finished. Using the Deity Connect system. 

As well as my Vlog I just started shooting in my garage. 

I think the Deity is an amazing product. 

Especially for low/no budget filmmakers.

I'll be shooting a feature once this virus blows over, using the Deity connects. 

Password for the short is "Festival" 

https://vimeo.com/376447791/721561e7be

https://vimeo.com/400510224

In your short that sound at :23-25 seconds, is that from the wifi interference? on line "have you canvised all these houses?"  there was a few more.  it seems like a useless things to use.  Deity should make a lav with a built in recorder and timecode (maybe thats not patented in USA) to work with there deity connect.  if its small enough they could sell tons.

• 9 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 5:28 AM, EricCC said:

In your short that sound at :23-25 seconds, is that from the wifi interference? on line "have you canvised all these houses?"  there was a few more. 

Nope, that was cloth noise.

BTW, I mix dialog for a living, and there's nothing wrong with the system whatsoever.

I have gotten absolutely terrible dialog to mix, that was recorded using top of the line equipment

5 hours ago, Henchman said:

Nope, that was cloth noise.

BTW, I mix dialog for a living, and there's nothing wrong with the system whatsoever.

I have gotten absolutely terrible dialog to mix, that was recorded using top of the line equipment

The Deitys sound remarkably good for the price point. If range and WiFi band saturation weren’t such an issue I’d feel fine using them alongside my Lectros.

3 hours ago, Trey LaCroix said:

The Deitys sound remarkably good for the price point. If range and WiFi band saturation weren’t such an issue I’d feel fine using them alongside my Lectros.

Exactly. 

I think they're an incredible option for indie filmmakers. 

• 8 months later...

It seems to be broken.

I contacted the Deity support and they wil send a replacement.

Another issue: When I use the Connect System in my soundbag (ORCA OR-280) with the MixPre 6 II,

the RX unit is very close to the mixer and produces some kind of noise in my headphones (Sennheiser HD25).

It doesn't matter where I put the cable, it's always there.

It's also independent from any gain setting.

When I touch the antennas it's getting a little better, but it's always there.

I even stopped the 1st take yesterday, as I did not know, if it's also in the recorded file. It's definitely not, but it's still an annoying issue.

When I shut of the DUO RX, the noise is gone immediately.

Any ideas, how I can get around that?

Sounds like 2.4ghz getting into the headphone cable/amplifier circuit. It used to happen with Zaxnet and my F8 – never had a problem since getting the Nova.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:32 AM, kavenzmann said:

Any ideas, how I can get around that?

Move them further apart, add some sort of RF shielding between them, isolate your power connections (could be coming in through the shared ground), or upgrade your wireless

Thanks for the suggestions.

The overall quality of the Deity Connect is really great, but there are still some caveats.

Would have loved to pay double and get even better stuff.

I only used the Connect once on a actual production and only for the interviewer on a doco.

But I think I can trust the quality and realiability so far.

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Sound said:

I had corrupt files regularly in the internal recording of the deity connect deluxe kit. Send them to deity one month ago. No answer and no reaction to emails since then..

Sad to say Deity customer service is (in effect) non existent. 

late to the convo here, but micro SD cards and micro SD card encasements, the card readers, can be the culprit. And this will be true wherever you stick that card and whatever you record onto it. Are the folks reporting corrupt files using verification software? The OS X finder is supposed to do a good job of this, but it won't catch unreadable errors or incompatibilities on a micro SD...