Petrol PS607 Deca Mixer Bag?

RichardDevine

Just wondering how many people are using this bag, and are happy with it. I am thinking about purchasing one this week. I will mainly be housing a SD 744T and MixPre-D for most of the time. I might swap out the MixPre-D for my extra SD 702 depending on the situation. Was curious if any of you had been able to fit two SD 7xx recorders in this bag?? Thanks Richard

I have a portabrace AX o1 and a PS607. For ENG, PS607 is much mobiled and fast move around. with two wireless hanging out, I broke one of the antennas for my UCR411, but mainly it's cause of my careless and also the cables at the bottom...sometimes you have to keep in mind, don't get trapped by things. It's cool back. I love it. Portabrace makes me looks like a pregnant woman.

hiro

• 2 weeks later...

I just got one recently and am loving it! At first I was a bit funny about the design, there are so many flaps and folds and zips and sections that I thought it would be flimsy and a pain to work with. But it holds its shape perfectly and is a joy to have on set!

I use it to carry a 702 and two sets of Lectro wireless no worries. Also have space for two COS-11D cases in the back and a small lunchbox of batteries and other small items in the front!

Highly recommended but if you need to hold much else it'll be worth getting the larger model.

• 1 year later...

Is there two versions of this bag? I bought mine in 2012, and that is slightly difference from another ps607 I worked with last week (not my own equipment) I suppose that was an older model then? The difference is the bellypocket size I think. My bag has a big round outstanding bellypocket that I don't like, but the older (?) bag had a much more flat pocket - much more comfortable to use in my opinion.   

I want that bag. Is it not possible to buy it anymore?

My only complaint, the plastic shield isn't removable. When you fold it down in between your belly and the bag it makes me sweat a lot more in that area and gets uncomfortable after a long day. I've thought about cutting it off and seeing about having a seamstress rig up a Velcro flap to reattach it. But other than that, it's my 302 bag and I'll buy another one for the maxx.

My only complaint, the plastic shield isn't removable. When you fold it down in between your belly and the bag it makes me sweat a lot more in that area and gets uncomfortable after a long day. I've thought about cutting it off and seeing about having a seamstress rig up a Velcro flap to reattach it. But other than that, it's my 302 bag and I'll buy another one for the maxx.

+1

just built this bag last week,in general i like everything fit in the place very well and tight,the portabrace AO1.0 was roomy for this.soon the TRX900 will be replaced to a 900CL which will be much better for viewing the screen and will also give the bag IFB TX. NP1 is buried under the BDS and TRX, without the NP1 cup the batt can put into the back space of the bag as well. (use D-tap - BDS input cable).

yes the cover is too tight,i wish there are more space so i can put my hand on the mixer's panel while the cover is closed for dusty rainy days ....and i do hope the bag have a pair of handles.

post-1058-0-58617200-1372591619_thumb.jp

"New" version is annoyingly not as good as the original. I bought one after looking at the original to replace a tired portabrace bag. I use it but never feels quite right; the cover that doesn't come off (I tuck it inside); there's too much space underneath the 302 and no simple way to anchor the mixer and np1 underneath. When I take it off and put it down it doesn't sit evenly on bathe ground, the base isn't rigid.

I use this bag for my Tascam DR-680 and 4 Sennheiser G2/G3 Rx in a OMB set up. 680 goes in the section closest to my body and then the divider creates enough space for things like random Tx's collected off talent or on the way to talent. Also comes in handy for keeping a spare Li-Ion battery.

I've added 2 of the double RX pouches sold separately which work great for my purpose. I also now have 2 spares for comteks or whatever. I'm also using the Petrol shoulder harness with this bag and love that too, except it seems a little noisy to me.

The belly pouch on mine is rounded and I used it to house my Tekkeon Li-Ion battery pack that powers the 680 all day.

The clear plastic cover gets folded down *behind* my 680 inside the bag and velcroes to the orange interior. I rarely need it but when I do it is easy enough to pull it out and use it.

I've also added the double RX pouches and anchor them outwards with the included Velcro straps so they don't flop around.

A month or so ago I got them at B&H for around $17 (sale?) which comes with a socket/plate for other uses.

BTW Keven, which Tekkeon Li-Ion battery do you use?

Hey Rick,

Can you post a pic of how you velcro the double pouch? It wasn't very obvious to me how it was intended to be used. I just piggy back them and they do kind of flop around but not bad.

PS Using a Tekkeon MP3450 R3 54Wh check out the specs at their website: http://www.tekkeon.com/products-mypowerall.html

Thanks for the battery info Kevin,

I can take some photos.. can't do it immediately, so stay tuned. I don't think it was Petrol's direct intention, but I had to experiment some to loop the Velcro strap through the two (male) pouch clips, but when the Velcro 'hook' end is stuck to the bag's innards, via the side, it keeps em' from flopping around.

I do need a bigger bag but this works for now.

Love this bag, especially after I finally got up the nerve to cut off all those side flaps and zippers and whatnot that make it hard to see what you are plugging in.  Also I cut off the plastic cover and keep it in the car ready to velcro on if rain appears.