Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About astro

  • Birthday 01/01/1

Profile Information

  • Location
  • About
    Production sound mixer based in Cologne Germany.
  • Interested in Sound for Picture

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I own an old version Sixpack whose RF-design is far from perfect. The internal connections to the antenna jack's are just unshielded pcb traces which therefore act as antennas themselves. Also the BPF filtering happens after the signal amplification. Nearby TV or LTE transmitters will easily overload the amplifier before they can be filtered out by the BPF. I don't know if they fixed these design flaws in the new version Sixpack or the 4 or 12 pack. I would be very interested in pictures of these products with the top lid removed.
  2. Larry, for now it seems to work just fine with a ceramic 100nF/X7R type capacitor. The next time I order some electronic parts I will also order the right NP0 type capacitor. No need to send a 0.02€ part across the big pond. Thanks again for your help, though! 🥰
  3. Thank you Larry! The only smd capacitor I can find in my boxes is 100nF. According to my limited knowledge this would result in a cut off frequency of around 30kHz which should be ok, no? Or will that introduce some other problems?
  4. Hi! I bought a used SNA600a. Strangly the capacitor under the housing seems to be broken. What value should I use to replace it?
  5. astro


    Although the pictures and advertisement texts say AES on 1 and 6, the block diagram shows AES3 inputs on 1,2,5 and 6. What's right?
  6. I don't know about SSM or ZMT but Sennheiser and also Wisycom has the bias voltage and audio input on pin 3. Snip off pin 2 instead. Voice Technologies uses a screw type Lemo connector without the crimp part which is much more easy to assemble. I don't know if it's an original Lemo or some kind of knockoff. Ambient has them in stock.
  7. 👍🏼 I just ordered a few blankets at this shop. I asked if they could provide black and white blankets and Mr. Maafi of C&M Umzugslogistik promised to import a batch of b/w blankets. In about three months time they will be available! So, tell everyone! 😃
  8. Before I ordered my X3, I asked Aaton a question regarding the minimal external power supply voltage. They answered that they changed something on the power board so the X3 accepts lower voltage than the stated 13V. Recently I sent in my #266 for some minor mechanical adjustments and when it came back the service documentation said they, although I had no problems in that regard, changed out the power board to a new version. So my conclusion is that since the X3 first was released the power board was changed at least two times.
  9. You have to add that as an EB assistant the normal price here in cologne is 160,-€ to 180,-€ as a freelancer. No social insurance included. So if you want to compare the union wage of 307,-€/10h to the 160,-€ an EB assistant gets you also have to reduce the 160,- by 30%. That would be something like around 125,-€/10h. It's modern slavery. 🤢
  10. There seems to be a switch on the side of the housing. What is this for?
  11. Well, that's the theory. We tried that with a tentacle and a tiny lockit with no success. Only after we got the modification done and permanently attached a tri level lockit the inconsitant tc changed to a consistent one frame offset.
  12. I had the same problem. Only thing that helped was to get one sdi out of the camera modified to genlock in and use a lockit with tri-level. Here is a thread in the official Arri forum which addresses the same issue: https://www.arri.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=208
  13. I'm wondering how long it will take them to copy these...
  14. The Alexa mini can generate Genlock from the incoming timecode signal or from a Genlock signal. To connect a Genlock signal one of the sdi outs can be modified to a Genlock in. This however has to be done inside the camera and is a job for service. I had a project last year where we couldn't get the camera to sync properly with a tentacle or a tiny lockit. There always were one or two frames offset in an inconsistent way. Finally we had the camera modified to accept a Genlock signal and used a lockit box with Genlock out. This solved the problem. I still don't know what went wrong this time. I had other Alexa mini projects where there were no problems at all.
  • Create New...