Thoughts for the day

I was having a office clear out and came across over a hundred what I call thoughts for the day.

I used to hang a different one on the cart each day. Most I've made up during the endless hours waiting for D.o.p.'s to finish lighting and some I've nicked off other mixers and I thought this one was particularly poignant.

The Sound Mixer's Prayer

Lord,

Grant me  the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and the courage to change the things I can

and give me the wisdom and cunning to hide the bodies of the talent, directors, producers and production managers I've had to kill when they have really pissed me off.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s.

"Blessed are they that run around in circles for they shall be known as big wheels" and a couple of old favorites: "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute a crisis on my part", "It's not a sound problem, it's a location problem". The best of all is: "The film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

Eric