Wave Agent 1.15 and Snow Leopard 10.6.4

juanignacio

Hey guys first time caller long time listener....

Any way I was wondering if anyone was having issues with Wave Agent 1.15 with a MacbookPro loaded with 10.6.4.  It keeps on crashing on me.  I've already contacted SD and figured I'd give it a shot here too.  Thanks ahead of time for any insight.

WARNING:  I recently had a hard drive failure on a laptop where i had wave agent installed.  Wave agent kept crashing, then slowly other key applications started to crash.  Wave Agent is a spectacularly useful tool and solid tool. Wave Agent wasn't  the problem

In my case its failure to run was the first symptom of much more serious problem. My seriously damaged hard drive.

john.

WARNING:  I recently had a hard drive failure on a laptop where i had wave agent installed.  Wave agent kept crashing, then slowly other key applications started to crash.  Wave Agent is a spectacularly useful tool and solid tool. Wave Agent wasn't  the problem

In my case its failure to run was the first symptom of much more serious problem. My seriously damaged hard drive.

john.

Yeah I read that thread, you put up about it and I was hoping it wasn't that.  The computer is about a year old, so maybe it could be the hard drive.  What diagnostic did you run on your computer to test the hard drive.  I haven't had any other issues with other programs and I was installing wave agent on this computer for the first time.  Thanks

" The computer is about a year old, so maybe it could be the hard drive.  "

I don't think there is a cause and effect relationship at all...

crap happens; drives fail, chips fail, this stuff happens all the time, to really new and really old electronics! In fact infant mortality is always a possibility, too...

Yeah I read that thread, you put up about it and I was hoping it wasn't that.  The computer is about a year old, so maybe it could be the hard drive.  What diagnostic did you run on your computer to test the hard drive.  I haven't had any other issues with other programs and I was installing wave agent on this computer for the first time.  Thanks

I had a one year old western digital drive.  They replaced it at no cost.

To our knowledge, there is no known incompatibility with 10.6.4 and Wave Agent. We have tested it on every flavor of machine we have in our inventory with 10.6.4 with no issues. That includes:

• Core Duo minis, Core 2 Duo minis (perfect trade show machines)
  • Mac Pro, quad and octo
  • Macbooks (various black/white/aluminum flavors)
  • MacBook Pros (2.0 CD through 2.8 C2D),
  • C2D, i3, and i5 based iMacs.

While we don't have every machine type, these are representative of the main platforms in the wild. Yeah...the business sales manager at the Madison store loves me. He calls me the day any new machine is released.

Thank you, Jon, for the info, and pleased as always by your thorough testing and detective work. I have not had any problems with WaveAgent and I have run it on many machines, many different OS versions, etc. I am not sure what the problems are that have been reported here but hopefully it is getting sorted out. WaveAgent is wonderful software (and of course, very Mac friendly!).

-  Jeff Wexler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So after everything I learned that since I had a user account from my first mac 7 years ago and I've updated OS's till Snow Leopard I had a corrupted user and I was able to start Wave Agent from my MBP with a different user.  Thanks again for all of your help.

I'm having issues on a MacBook running 10.6.6, but Juan's advice of switching users makes it work ok. weird.

I tried all the other suggestions too, and nothing else did it.

No problems for me.  OS 10.6.6  White Mackbook.

I'm having a problem with Wave Agent 1.15 (and earlier) and Snow Leopard 10.6.6 (and earlier) on both a Macbook and an iMac where the file name is truncated in pdf sound reports which makes Wave Agent on the Mac useless for me. I have to use WA in Windows to get round this which I'd much rather not have to do :(

Is no one else having this problem? Any suggestions for making this problem go away and yes I have asked the manufacturer and been offered no solution.

for example I get -

M-GAMBOM-T0    as the filename

instead of

M-GAMBOM-T001

I like to have the columns -

File Name / Ch. / Length / Start TC / EndTC / Notes / T1 / T2

but I've tried other column selections but the filename is still truncated by whatever the next column is.

Suggestions gratefully received.