788. New Undocumented Feature

chris_bollard

I began a thread about this a while back. Some users have experienced the phenomenon. For me, it's happened once in countless hours of use on my 788T. Never happened on my 744T with many more hours of use.

It is a computer, and is remarkably reliable considering that fact.

Happened to me a couple of times. Basically it freezes and locks itself on the last sample it recorded feeding it back non stop. Simply recycle power and your good to go. Aside from that no issues, daily use for the last 3 years. All good. It's te best investment I made so far.

Pascal

A first today; rolling 3 tracks recording to int. hdd and CF and everything locked up. The display and audio, only passing low level high frequency whistle.

Had to pull the battery off to reset. All settings were good as was timecode.

Anyone had this? Running 2.15 and CL8

It was the CF card's fault when it happened to me.

Happened to me a couple of times. Basically it freezes and locks itself on the last sample it recorded feeding it back non stop. Simply recycle power and your good to go. Aside from that no issues, daily use for the last 3 years. All good. It's te best investment I made so far.

Pascal

So do you lose the recorded audio in this scenario?

Only happened to me once. Recording to 3 media. However, cart was outside in 95 degree weather. Seemed to be a heat issue. Now I run a fan in the case when ambient is high. No issues so far since.

Used 744t two summers outdoors in las Vegas heat. Never locked up, zero issues with orig 40gb hard drives.

I've filled up a 160GB hard disk about 4x over, recording on multiple Transcend CF's in parallel (but never to 3 media or external media) and never had a freeze - touch wood. But had one random media too slow which I was wondering was associated with the rather lengthy (up to 2-3 minutes I think) disk access that sometimes goes on after boot up not finishing fully, or with heat, it was about 35C?