Rolling case dilemma...

pvanstry

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted a company called Multicaisse, here in Montreal to built the case. I basically ask for aluminium drawers in a stormcase IM2750. They got the case, then built a custom aluminium frame, built the drawers, installed it all and shipped it to me. I then replaced the original rollerblade rear wheels with a solid aluminium axle and two 6" offset Rack n roller wheels. Then installed two 2.5" locking swivel caster on the front so that it could stay up and leveled. Then added two PVC tube with end cap on the side, held in place by Velcro. This is as far as this project will go for now, as I am now building a custom 8020 cart/case. It will be based around Greg Sextro mini cart design.

Seriously thinking on having one of these made. I would like to attach a 20" c-stand riser section on the side where pascal has the boom pole holder tubes. I imagine It would involve reinforcing the plastic case side with a pair of aluminum plates for mounting a bracket. I've gone through catalogs of grip gear and mounting hardware but can't seem to find what the ideal bracket would be for this application. Can anyone that has been there and done that, or something similar, point me in the right direction? What brackets are used to attach antenna masts?

amypugej.jpg

Indeed. The only piece that *might* work is the set wall bracket. Does it work inverted? don't know.

With modification it could sit flush on the side of the case I suppose. So far unable to find any variation on this. Say, a simple vertical receiver with backing plate. must be out there somewhere.

post-1410-139830519681.jpg

Found this bracket that might work also. Difficult to tell with out having it in hand.

post-1410-139830542502.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't use my Pelican tool case that much anymore. It's definitely a kick ass soution for packing stuff up, taking to cargo, put on a palette, but the case is prohibitively heavy to travel on domestic air flights. It's been to Ecuador and back, but that's about it.

Tom where did you get your sponge cut?

• 1 month later...