First experience with Zaxcom qrx200 wide band RX

RadoStefanov

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it turns dual mode in qrx200 and arx235 is next to worthless. There is bug that drops out audio even when reception is good.

In Single mode they are great and I am very happy with the performance.

I hope the dual mode bug is fixed soon because I was sold on the idea that dual mode and single mode have the same performance.

That is a very definitive statement Rado, I am about to do my first job with them and I don't really have the option to use them in single mode. Is it that bad where I should consider renting additional systems?

That is a very definitive statement Rado, I am about to do my first job with them and I don't really have the option to use them in single mode. Is it that bad where I should consider renting additional systems?

Test yours first! Also what frequency is your wireless  ? When I was using the qrx200 in  block 25 "with micplexer" It happened just a few times. Under 600Mhz it drops sometimes every one minute and other time every 5.

Test yours first! Also what frequency is your wireless  ? When I was using the qrx200 in  block 25 "with micplexer" It happened just a few times. Under 600Mhz it drops sometimes every one minute and other time every 5.

I've done extensive walk tests with them, but any dropouts seem to be distance related to me so far. I have two QRX200's, two TRX2.5LA, and two TRX2.6LA. I will try to keep them all in the higher freqs then. Thx man. Dropouts within range only a few times is still a lot to me though.

i use mine between 608 and 614MHz.

dropouts were maybe 3 or 4 times an hour. and it was just a glitch for a fraction of a second.

so not the end of the world, but very frustrating to listen to when it does happen.

though i hear (read somewhere on the internet) that there is a beta to fix this. maybe if you ask zaxcom nicely, and you are feeling brave, they will let you have a go on the beta software.

I ran my system all week, and only had the drop out issue a couple times.  Block 24 with a micplexer.  Always in dual mode.  The scary thing about it is it seems totally random when it happens, and for me when it was happening it was totally unusable.  Tim, if I were you I'd play it safe and get an additional receiver so you can be in single mode.

The new software introduces 2 new things in the menu

1. lets you know the second frequency is too far for the 35Mhz filter to work

2. selectable modulation from qrx.

I like the second one because it lets me know what modulation is selected in the transmitter. Sometimes I forget to switch the modulation back to XR after I upgrade Zax gear in US Mono. 

The new software introduces 2 new things in the menu

1. lets you know the second frequency is too far for the 35Mhz filter to work

2. selectable modulation from qrx.

I like the second one because it lets me know what modulation is selected in the transmitter. Sometimes I forget to switch the modulation back to XR after I upgrade Zax gear in US Mono. 

Great Rado that sounds fantastic even though I knew about the 35mhz thing I often messed that part up while testing it out, where did you find the Beta software? Not quite sure I follow you on your explanation of why the 2nd thing is valuable though. 

You have an option in the main menu of the qrx to select what kind of modulation to receive. XR, US Mono, Us Stereo, EU.

If the TX is set to US mono and the qrx automatically switches between modulation "like before" you would never know what kind of modulation the transmitter is set to unless you go in to the transmitter menu.

Like Rado, i haven't had any dropouts around my house with the new softeware (3.21)

The manual modulation selection is ok, i thought howy had put an indication into the qrx software, but i could be wrong.

The 35mhz warning flashes TOO BIG over the second freq if it's set outside of range, which is really nice.

You have an option in the main menu of the qrx to select what kind of modulation to receive. XR, US Mono, Us Stereo, EU.

If the TX is set to US mono and the qrx automatically switches between modulation "like before" you would never know what kind of modulation the transmitter is set to unless you go in to the transmitter menu.

Hey folks, where can you download the beta software?

Being new to Zaxcom wireless I have not changed any modulation settings. I'm assuming that I need to change over everything to the XR modulation, maybe that is why I was getting issues with dropouts early on.

Hey folks, where can you download the beta software?

Being new to Zaxcom wireless I have not changed any modulation settings. I'm assuming that I need to change over everything to the XR modulation, maybe that is why I was getting issues with dropouts early on.

The beta software is being tested right now, should be released early in the week.

You do not have to switch to xr if you don't want, I'm still using us mono on most of mine running older software, only one of my qrx100's and my qex200 are running the new software. I am waiting for all the bugs to setlle and a break in work to upgrade the rest.

Personally i haven't seen much of an increase in distance with xr, but i have noticed the signal holds up a little better when the rf is weak.

"Being new to Zaxcom wireless I have not changed any modulation settings. I'm assuming that I need to change over everything to the XR modulation, maybe that is why I was getting issues with dropouts early on"

You just need to change your TRX to XR modulation in the extended menu (mine were defaulted to US MONO), the current QRX software will automatically detect what modulation you are transmitting