Cable 'Burn In'

JackHenry

I've seen similar services advertised for hard disks and SSDs. They will burn these in for a flat fee as well.

The one I used very helpfully suggested that, before I shipped my drives in, to do a low-level format and completely zero-fill them. As a result, shipping costs were greatly reduced due to the lower weight. I didn't realize that data could weigh that much, but I guess it really adds up, especially now that drives are in the terabyte range.

- Scott

I have my cables burnt in before every project - fortunately, production pays for it. The hard part is getting them to pay for the post-wrap cable burn out. Just getting them on the phone to ok the charges is really hard!

It's worth it though - having your cables laying around between jobs, full of a bunch of 1's & 0's is really just irresponsible these days - with all the extra weight and stagnation issues. That's just lazy.

So all you green gills out there listen up:

Burn in your new cables before using

them on any job that matters - and then don't forget to BURN YOUR CABLES OUT when the job is finished, ok?

~tt

ps ~ these folks provide an excellent

service at a reasonable price:

www.peoplebelieveanything.buz