Jump to content
glenn

Text entry problem

Recommended Posts

Anyone who is having the problem can experiment with using a different THEME. At the bottom of the main page to the right of "Contact Us" you will see a drop down named "Theme". There you can choose "Bell" (current suggestion) and then see if the text entry problem is solved. If it is, feel free to stay on the Bell theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for checking, all the reports are very useful (but have not produced a solution yet). I have the whole support team at IPB working on this. Thank you, David, for your help (and I know you probably cannot reply to this!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working now:)

 

 It was not working on my Macbook under Chrome or Safari-- but all seems good now ( a bit sluggish-- but perfectly usable)

 

Thanks!

 

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bertolomi, thank you for the report. This is the weirdest problem and the IPB Support team is still trying to figure out what is happening. It is only happening with some people so it's not site wide, but those that are affected seem to have the problem on all devices and all browsers. So weird. We'll keep working on this until we solve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jeff,

Bell (and the other Themes) don't seem to help me either, the editor to enter text just doesn't appear (neither in topics, nor for PMs).

You probably already know that, but...
from what I can see as a former web developer: the editor used (CKEditor) doesn't load correctly because the extension ipslink won't load. (see attached screenshot). The reason it doesn't load is a 552 error (a timeout).

A quick fix could be to disable CKEditor completely in the meantime and revert to blank textareas. (Which is what I do to continue posting, enabling the JavaScript-free fallback...)

Hope this helps!

jwsound.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we found the culprit: Cloudfare service which is designed to help with security and denial of service attacks and so forth. It turns out that it probably was blocking certain IPs and possibly also causing Javascript to not load properly. We have disabled Cloudfare and most of the people who have reported problems are letting me know that things are working again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...