Christian Spaeth

The "Best client/producer/agency quotes" thread

A producer's job is challenging -- and it's certainly not simple -- but the operating principle is: 

Bad producer:  "That's not possible."

Good producer:  "We'll make it happen." 

Quite frankly, that's the main description of their role and what what they're there for -- to overcome the challenges and pull things together. 

A good producer not only makes the possible happen, they find a way to make the impossible happen. And the best ones make it look easy. 

On 6/3/2018 at 8:36 PM, darrenaug said:

I like this. I may start doing this as well. How involved do you get with the slating process that it would be something you would have to speak to the director about? I usually just jam the thing and pass it off to the 1st or 2nd AC and then go on with my day. What they do with it is up to them.

Last week production requested a timecode slate, they rented it from me, I hand it off the AC, they never actually slate takes. I don't feel responsible for that.

How did you deal with Meta data at this point? Just take 1,2,3 ... or did you and the AC still figure out a system regardless of the slate? This happened to me the other day and I was like hmm okay so well just wing it. 

On 3/9/2018 at 2:51 PM, Johnny Karlsson said:

LOL

How about telling the DP : if the boom is in the shot, just swap your lens to a 50. That would go over real well.

I may have to steal this one! :P