What do you do between jobs?

CNug

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the longest any of you have gone between jobs? If I even get a week between jobs I just am out of my mind. I live in an apartment and sometimes descend back into the video game habit I had as a kid. Can't wait till I can have my own place and work on cars or build things like normal guys do...

Used to do a lot of shooting/editing. Some crappy consumer resolution not that long ago.

NY people will recognize some of the crew here. We waited 3 hours for 1st team and in the meantime, had a rockin' good time frolicking in the snow.

Before that, used to write. Mostly poetry. Nobody gives a shite about poetry, so, disillusioned-or-something, the need-to-write switch flipped.

Now, I study sound every day for a few hours, and learn to cook and garden.

I nap at 2.

I am a certified hypnotherapist. Quantum Touch healer. On the weekends I have clients over or I go to them. Helping with pain management, anxiety, stress, weight loss smoking, and much more. I am great with children as long as they are old enough to truely listen ( around 8 years old) I work with lots of people in the industry with job related issues, Career changes, relationship management. Anyone interested in understanding what hypnosis is about the first session is free (to fellow jwsound group members). and yes we can work over the phone. After all it is you in control, I'm just the guide.

I was, until a year ago also flipping houses. Glammering them up then selling to first time buyers. www.goodlifenterprises.com. I raised money from private investors paying them 12% interest annum. I also created and owned an internet radio station (www.newdaytalkradio.com) which I am no longer affiliated with. An ebay seller. On Sundays you can find me with my wife in marina del rey Kayaking. Like to stay busy. Summers it's all about the grandkids! They take up all of our time.

p.s read the jws blog. nice to know your not alone.

I do audio when my other work (shooting video and stills) is slow, so lately I've been getting very familiar with my audio gear. Oh, and I do my other work when I'm not doing my full time job.

... but for fun, and when I have the time, I ride my motorcycle (therapy), read, play video games (Fallout 3: New Vegas, and Hunters:2, lately), etc.

I entered a contest to write a solo for a darkness song. As far as I can tell getting my solo to the top requires comments. I think I could have done a lot better but it would be nice to get some comments posted after an otherwise discouraging day.

here is the link!

http://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/the-darkness-everybody-have-a-good-time-guitar-solo-contest/submissions/129276