Script Supervisors on IMDB

Jeff Wexler

Presently, Script Supervisors are listed on IMDB under the category "other". This should be changed to reflect the vital role that Script Supervisors, a Department Head of one, provide to productions.

You can use the links below to sign the petition.

I just signed the petition "Internet Movie Database: Create an individual category for Script Supervisor" on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

...that the SS is often our best ally...

Well you don't come across that statement too often!

Signed it myself.

It asked for a reason and I borrowed from some of the statements here:

I work with Script Supervisor's everyday. They are the head of their own department and deserve their own category that isn't miscellaneous.

Done. Having a good alliance with scripty is vital for the sound department. Half the time, I have no clue where we are in terms of scene name modifications, and the script supervisor really helps keep track of all the little pieces. Their notes are hugely important during editing, too. 

Yes, I had known that. I remember the usenet days, and there was a bit of controversy when it was sold to Amazon. Similar to the CDDB-Gracenote thing.

Short version, individuals contributed info for what they though was a big public opensource database, then it became a very valuable database that was sold for a lot of money. Very debatable topic, especially when a site becomes such a massive undertaking for a team of people to maintain even just on the back end.

Done! I have always told our Script Supervisors that they are honorary members of the Sound Department. They help us out more than any other department in my mind, relaying issues to directors that whip their Comteks off as soon as cut is mentioned.

Ha! I'm working on that project right now!  No concern for overlap, noise interference (and I mean stuff like sirens, airplanes, even HVAC units mysteriously kicking on mid-take...) Dude totally doesn't care... Scripty and I commiserate daily.  A good Script Supervisor is worth her/his weight in gold - provided the director listens.

~tt

• 2 weeks later...