Olle Sjostrom

Zaxcom URX100

That looks great.  I've always wanted a portable UHF receiver that I can use to check a talents wire if I'm wiring off set.  Will be great for boom op monitoring too.

On 4/8/2019 at 5:39 PM, Glen Deakin said:

Does the screen flip depending on the orientation of the Rx. On the website it looks like the display info is upside down. 

Not automatically, but it can be reconfigured in the menu. 

So far I find the URX100 to be great.  It's a great solution for commercial boom ops who also double as utility.

I have to be honest, I don't really understand the choices made around the walkie interface.  Besides maybe a reality TV field producer, I'm not sure who it's directed at, and $900 is a lot of money for a unit that will be dropped in the mud, stepped on, etc, especially at the rates those shows offer.

Personally I see a lot more use for the unit as a camera hop, where two balanced outputs, 1 with switchable TC, would be way more beneficial.    I wonder if a HW update could make this a menu switchable option between balanced outs and walkie?  I would mount this on camera a lot more if I didn't have to use the 3.5mm jack.  I understand there is an RX200 for this option too, but that unit is a bit more single purpose, and this unit, in my mind, would fit a lot more of my work if I could use it for boom ops and on camera.  I would also buy at least one or two more if this were the case.

Don't get me wrong, my criticism is suggestive in nature, I think the URX is a great unit and am glad to have it in my kit so far.

Glad you like it. The URX is designed to be a body worn receiver but of course can be a camera link receiver. As pointed out the RX200 is our flagship for camera link work while the URX is kind of a new animal with features nothing else has. Tough to do it all.

This is true.  But no matter how small something gets, there will always be an AC wanting it smaller to fit somewhere on the ever decreasing size of camera bodies.