Trey LaCroix

Betso Bowtie

Seems pretty slick if you ask me.  I know there have been countless attempts at antennas for bags discussed here over the years but this seems to be the first commercially available setup that seems easy to deploy and not a DIY attempt.  I noticed Gotham Sound added it to their inventory so hopefully they'll do a video about it.

Just saw that email too. These look awesome. I haven’t gotten into the world of antennas yet - rarely needed anything more than whips - but these might just make me make the leap. 

-Mike

1 hour ago, stacysound said:

Since it's omni directional, I think I would prefer to "lay it" on the front of the bag.

That'd be better for holding snacks.

Yes, it does look cool. I wonder how performance compares to a Lectrosonics SNA600 dipole.

28 minutes ago, daniel said:

Quite like the coloured faders - DIY or a source you can share?

A guy named Simon in Montreal - pm me for contact info.  He also does great receiver cages, coloured cables/caps etc

IMG_20200111_150113.jpg

2 hours ago, codyman said:

How's the performance been on them?

Not enough of dynamic range of situations yet to be able to make definitive statements.  So far, in terms of range on my SRbs (with SMQV txs), about halfway between my SNA600a dipoles and the little whips.  Most valuable to me is just have a portable solution but getting those antenna out of the inside of the bag, which reaps all sorts of consistency benefits when using SRbs in switch mode.  I like that the bowties came not only with really good mounting clamps, but quality BNC-BNC and BNC-SMA cables.

I’ve used mine recently for a basketball game doc. They are much easier to attach to the bag than the SNA. The provided hardware is a nice accessory and the cables have a good build quality to them. Performance wise they seem to be a little better at reception than the SNA. I also like the one piece design, I am forever losing the little adjuster screws for the various block settings for the SNA. The Betsos seem to stick out of the bag a little farther, so you have to pay a little more attention when walking through a crowded area. I think they are worth the money.

one big advantage is, bowtie is using multiple wavelength, so if you are using wider range of frequencies (ie wisycom) it will be better than sna600. 

1 hour ago, vitekcz said:

one big advantage is, bowtie is using multiple wavelength, so if you are using wider range of frequencies (ie wisycom) it will be better than sna600. 

it will be better, because it can receive all those frequencies without adjustments, but the filtering will be a lot worse. So that could impair reception quality