New Zaxcom Products announced!

Matt Martin

Just guessing, but I think maybe some of the buttons will be user assignable? So that would mean the buttons can do any thing you ask of it.

I think the oasis looks great. I wish it was just a stand alone mixer, with neverclip preamps and not a control surface for a nomad. It just looks that good and well thought out. Or it could be both!

In the video you can see the back of it, and there isn't a row of XLR inputs. *looks like* they are power input and some USB shaped connections (not sure if that's USB or serial). A Zaxcom location intended standalone digital mixer would be a great item, but I think a lot of people will be happy with a Nomad control surface accessory. That will definitely keep cost/size/weight down. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's beautiful! But way too expensive to really be in the same league of competition?

Well, according to one of the "usual suspects":

PSC Solice 8 channel -- $9,950.00

AD256 8 channel -- $9,476.00

I'd say pretty much in the same league of competition.

If you meant the Solice Mini instead of the Solice, well that's a completely different discussion.  It's aimed at competing with the dedicated fader panels.

the rx200 is exactly what I have been waiting for! So I am in.

Is there a chance, the other thing I am hoping for is coming too this nab? It is an updated version of the trx742 with tc and mono out (like on the erx2)? I really hope that will happen soon. 

I to was trying to figure out what was the need for the hoped upgrades to the trx742. I can't figure out why that would be needed especially the time code out. Okay the mono out might be good for a boom op if the tx is at the bottom of the pole but other then that can't see how they would be useful. Trx742 is pretty great as is.

Having worked with the deva we found it easier to use an inline barrel adapter for phase reverse, rather than setting it in the machine where it wasn't immediately obvious

Yes exactly buried in menus, and nothing for direct phase reverse on the Mix12 either, I had an external xlr con box made with phase reverse switches.

I to was trying to figure out what was the need for the hoped upgrades to the trx742. I can't figure out why that would be needed especially the time code out. Okay the mono out might be good for a boom op if the tx is at the bottom of the pole but other then that can't see how they would be useful. Trx742 is pretty great as is.

With phones output, the TRX742 would be very nice

They made the TRX942 for that use. That will give you a much better headphone amp. Looks like it's discontinued, so either they have a replacement in the works, or found that most people are just using a TRX742 and an ERX getting signal from the cart (which is what I would do). 

never a fan of the 942,  because you have to leave the unit behind to keep an open microphone close to set.  my team uses the 742/erx combo,  which means that they stay on headsets,  irregardless of where the microphone is.  also,  the 942 is not compatible with the super cmit, 

A 742 with timecode out and analog scratch you for monitoring would make another great camera solution as you could stick them, along with a short shotgun, on the camera to get the camera mic to your bag and provide feeds to the cam without having to stick on another device.  There are many situations where the camera mic can go places you cannot.  I'd love this.

never a fan of the 942,  because you have to leave the unit behind to keep an open microphone close to set.  my team uses the 742/erx combo,  which means that they stay on headsets,  irregardless of where the microphone is.  also,  the 942 is not compatible with the super cmit,

I thought the 942 was compatible with the digital mics at least it has the provision in the extended menu. I have never tried it on mine but that's why I bought it for when I buy a super cmit.

Tony